Comprehensive Local Water Management
Water Management Advisory Commitee (WMAC)
It is the mission of the Mille Lacs County Local Water Management Plan Advisory Committee to promote responsible stewardship of water resources through accountable use of land, forest and other natural assets by providing education, incentives, and collaboration with individuals, groups and government entities.
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to:
- Develop and implement the goals and objectives outlined in the Mille Lacs County Comprehensive Local Water Resource Management Plan
- Provide information to the public related to water resources
- Fund and implement projects to monitor and protect water resources
- Advise and support appropriate governmental agency efforts to promote sustainable land-use practices related to the protection of water resources
- Click HERE to view the 2018-2027 Mille Lacs County Comprehensive Local Water Resource Management Plan DRAFT
- Click HERE for additional background information on County Comprehensive Local Water Management planning
- Click HERE to view the Mille Lacs County Local Water Management Plan Advisory Committee By-Laws
- Click HERE to veiw the Mille Lacs SWCD Resolution adopting the Mille Lacs County Comprehensive Local Water Management Plan as their Comprehensive Plan
What Can I Do?
Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public and participation of the general public is encouraged. The Advisory Council meets quarterly the Third Thursday of the month at 10am (additional meetings may be added). Meetings are held at the Mille Lacs Historic Courthouse, 635 2nd Street Southeast, Milaca, MN. Contact the SWCD for scheduled meeting dates and times.
- March 15
- April 19 – CANCEL
- May 17
- June 21 – CANCEL
- July 19
- October 18 – CANCEL
- January 17, 2019